I’m always coming back, you can bet on that, you’re the only place I call home.
I need it
I have such a weakness for cute fluffy animals atm
look at this jumpin’ bby
I really wanted Smaug at the end to say “I AM SHERLOCK”… that haad better be in the outtakes somewhere…
This is the best.
I have figured out how he does it.
I have figured out how Sherlock lives.
He jumps, transforms into a dragon, and flies to Middle-Earth.
Things to take away from this
- Colin Baker defended us when Michael Grade called us all ‘loonies’ for liking Doctor Who.
- Colin Baker was, in fact, treated like trash by the man who headed the BBC
- Colin Baker was canned because of politics - nothing to do with his ability as The Doctor (he was great)
- Doctor Who, in general, had good numbers when it was cancelled. Better than other shows, but Grade had a vendetta against Doctor Who
- Colin Baker loved the show enough to go on tour to help promote it EVEN AFTER BEING FIRED. JUST TO SAVE THE SHOW.
- Colin Baker wasn’t even paid that much for his era. He mainly did the job because he loved it and he believed in the show.
- Colin Baker STOOD UP to one of the most powerful men in Britain because he knew he was wronged, even when everyone was telling him to lie and say he quit. He even called him a coward.
- Colin Baker was NEVER given a reason for why he was fired.
- Colin Baker is a hero among the Who fandom. That people dislike him is simply criminal. Our enemy is Michael Grade.
Not only that, but when Michael Grade had fired Colin and was trying to cancel Doctor Who, he was fucking Colin’s ex-wife.
Total. Douchebag. Alert.
That actually explains A LOT of his personal vendetta against Colin. Absolutely vile man.
And this IS true. Here’s a quote:
"There’s a history between Michael Grade and Colin. Liza Goddard was Colin’s wife. And she was Michael Grade’s best friend. The divorce was acrimonious and she moved into Michael Grade’s house while she was getting over the divorce. And I’ll say no more. Michael Grade was determined. He did not want Colin working for the BBC."
-Gary Downie (Doctor Who Production Manager)
anndd here it is! After a lot of debate and some very helpful replies, have a 3000% done Charley Pollard, my first fanart of the fandom, enjoy it! Also, as I’m still in complete disbelief at how good I got her face, have a close up of it!